Why safe people matter
Road safety is a shared responsibility. Everyone can play an important role in helping reduce road trauma and death shouldn't be seen as an inevitable consequence of making a mistake on our roads.
Everyone can contribute to road safety by:
- Driving at safe and legal speeds appropriate for conditions.
- Separating drinking from driving, and driving only when well rested..
- Staying alert and avoiding impairment from drugs (illicit drugs and also the prescribed medications that make us drowsy).
- Keeping your eyes on the road ahead and the surrounds.
- Putting your hand-held phone away when driving.
- Belting up and ensuring everyone in the car is wearing a seat belt.
- Being good role models to our children, L-Platers and P-Platers.