Why safe people matter
Road safety is a shared responsibility. Everyone can play an important role in helping reduce road trauma and death shouldn't be seen as an inevitable consequence of making a mistake on our roads.
Everyone can contribute to road safety by:
- Driving at such as driving at safe and legal speeds.
- Separating drinking from driving.
- Driving only when well rested.
- Staying alert and avoiding impairment from drugs - illicit drugs and also the prescribed drugs that make us drowsy.
- Keeping your eyes on the road ahead and your surroundings.
- Minimising distractions such as putting your hand-held phone away when driving.
- Belting up and ensuring everyone in the car is wearing a seat belt.
- Being good role models to our children, L-Platers and P-Platers.
- Buying the safest vehicle you can afford.
- Helping promote the Towards Zero message to our friends, family and community.