Festival of Footy
August 18 - 20, 2017 Ballarat
Every Towards Zero partnership helps to achieve the goal of reducing road deaths to fewer than 200 and reducing serious injuries by 15% by 2020.
Within our Towards Zero partnerships we have 4 focus areas:
- Shared Responsilbity
- Country Victoria
- Young People
- Unprotected Road Users
Football is an important part of us reaching the community in working Towards Zero. The Festival of Footy focuses on our shared responsibilty and country Victoria partnerships and includes the following activities:
- First official AFL game at Mars Stadium, Ballarat - Western Bulldogs v Port Adelaide
- Giveaways and competitions Saturday and Sunday
- Live broadcast of AFL Nation and Off the Bench
- Game day giveways, 360 degree photo opportunity and free breathtesting
Friday 18th August | Sports Night.
City of Ballarat Sports Night presented by Towards Zero.
6.30pm: Dinner at Mars Stadium
Hosted by AFL media personality Craig Hutchison, the event includes a live football panel including past and present players. Both Western Bulldogs and Port Adelaide Assistant Coaches will be on hand to discuss last minute game insights.
Join Hutchy, Liam Pickering, Adam Cooney, Darryl Wakelin, Doug Hawkins and Ellie Blackburn for a fun filled night of all things footy.
Tickets still available at: http://www.ballarat.vic.gov.au/afl
Saturday 19th August | Game Day.
Let's get everyone to the game safely.
- 8:00am - 2:00pm: Pit Stop at McDonald's Ballan
The very first AFL game will be played in Ballarat at Mars Stadium this weekend. If you're heading to the Western Bulldogs v Port Adelaide match from Melbourne, make sure you stop and take a break at the TAC Pit Stop at Ballan McDonald's. There will be free coffee on offer and you can show your support by getting your own personalised Bulldogs badge. You can also go into the draw to win a Bulldogs jumper, signed by the team.
- 9.00am - 11.00am: Ballarat Bridge Mall and Off the Bench Broadcast
Head down to Bridge Mall and get a picture with Zero Hero. Off the Bench will be broadcasting live and giving away the hottest tickets in town to this sold out game.
- 11:00am - 1.00pm: AFL Nation Live from McDonald's Wendouree
Get into the game day spirit by heading down to McDonald's Wendouree for the live broadcast of AFL Nation.
- 1:00pm onwards: During AFL Western Bulldogs v Port Adelaide Game, Mars Stadium Ballarat
For those with tickets to the game, get to the ground early and stop by the Towards Zero Zone and snap a 360 degree photo of yourself with some Bulldogs legends. Chat with our staff about the latest in road safety and if you've had a drink at the game remember to have a free breathtest before jumping in the car for the trip home.
Sunday 20th August | Drive to the Game.
AFL Victoria and the TAC host TAC Cup and TAC Cup Girls ‘Drive to the Game’.
The Drive to the Game event promotes:
- Learner drivers driving to the game and the importance of them getting driving experience in all conditions
- The role parents play in helping to keep our young drivers safe through their solo driving journey
The Drive to the Game activities are in timing with a triple header involving 6 TAC Cup clubs across the day. The Towards Zero team will be onsite rewarding parents and young people who support Drive to the Game with free coffee and newspapers. Come and see us!
- 10:30am: Geelong Falcons vs Murray Bushrangers
- 1:00pm: Gippsland Power vs Bendigo Pioneers
- 3.30pm: GWV Rebels vs Dandenong Stingrays