Safe cycling promoted at Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race
The Transport Accident Commission has partnered with the Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race to promote road safety in an effort to reduce cyclist road trauma.
It’s hoped this partnership will encourage all cyclists to think about the safest route they can take and for motorists to be more conscious of cyclists on the road.
The racing weekend will be held from January 25-28, 2018, and will include a number of events:
- Thursday 25 January: Towards Zero Race Melbourne Elite men's and women's races at Albert Park
- Friday 26 January: Family and Kids Ride on the Geelong waterfront and join in the Australia Day activites hosted by the City of Great Geelong and Festival of Sails
- Saturday 27 January: Swisse People's Ride
- Saturday 27 January: Deakin University Elite Women's Race
- Sunday 28 January: UCI World Tour Elite Men's Race
TAC live sites over the weekend
/ Steampacket Gardens Live Site
Our Towards Zero Team will be on hand, to encourage cyclists and spectators to join the conversation to make our roads safer for riders and drivers.
- A safe passing distance display integrating ultrasonic sound wave technology
- Phone charging station
- Enter in the draw to win a BMC voucher
- Enjoy the big screen and watch the race from the Towards Zero Lounge
Be rewarded with a free coffee for joining the conversation, by following a TAC social media platform.
/ Challambra Crescent Viewing Point
Join the Towards Zero Team as they hype up the spectators on the King of the Mountain climb.
- Bring along a picnic and enjoy the race from the Towards Zero Food Zone
- Find one of the Towards Zero Team and grab a Towards Zero cow bell to cheer on the riders
/ Melville Avenue/Queens Park Viewing Point
The Towards Zero Team encourages spectators to come and visit them on the corner of Melville Avenue and Queens Park, take a seat in the Towards Zero Lounge and enjoy the race, from the best seat in the house!
- A Towards Zero Hydration Station will be in place dispersing with water rewards
Other Victorian cycling event information: