Safe cycling promoted through Cadel Road Race
The Transport Accident Commission has partnered with the Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race to promote road safety in an effort to reduce cyclist road trauma.
It’s hoped this partnership will encourage all cyclists to think about the safest route they can take and for motorists to be more conscious of cyclists on the road.
"It's important that everyone looks out for each other and that cyclists do everything they can to keep themselves safe", says TAC CEO, Joe Calafiore.
The racing weekend will be held from January 25-28, 2018, and will include a number of events:
- Thursday 25 January: Towards Zero Race Melbourne Elite men's and women's races at Albert Park
- Friday 26 January: Family and Kids Ride on the Geelong waterfront and join in the Australia Day activites hosted by the City of Great Geelong and Festival of Sails
- Saturday 27 January: Swisse People's Ride
- Saturday 27 January: Deakin University Elite Women's Race
- Sunday 28 January: UCI World Tour Elite Men's Race
In 2017, the TAC teamed up with SBS sports commentator, Matthew Keenan and road and mountain bike national champion, Peta Mullens to spread important road safety messages to all road users.