Towards Zero Melbourne United Competition Terms and Conditions
“TOWARDS ZERO MELBOURNE UNITED FINALS” PROMOTION CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. The promoter is Transport Accident Commission (ABN 22 033 947 623) of 60 Brougham Street, Geelong, Victoria, 3220 (“Promoter”).
2. Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and the prize form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Eligible Entrant (as defined below). Eligibility and Entry
3. Entry is only open to residents of Victoria aged 18 years or over who have not had their motor vehicle license previously suspended or cancelled in the two years before 19/8/18, for any reason (“Eligible Entrant”). Directors, management and employees (and their immediate family) of the Promoter or agencies connected with this promotion are ineligible to enter the Promotion. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, partner, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. By entering the promotion, an Eligible Entrant (if drawn as a winner) consents to the Promoter providing their name to VicRoads (or the equivalent regulator in any Australian state or territory) so that the Promoter can verify their age and driving history for the purpose of confirming that the drawn Eligible Entrant is an Eligible Entrant.
5. Promotion commences on 13/3/2019 and ends at 11.59pm AEDST on 14/3/2019 (“Promotional Period”).
6. To enter, Eligible Entrants must undertake the following steps, during the Promotional Period,
*Visit towardszero.vic.gov.au/competitions/competitions/melbourneunited and complete the official entry form by inputting the requested details including their full name, postcard, date of Birth, valid email address and telephone number. All eligible fields must be filled in their entirety for competition entry to be deemed valid.
8. Eligible Entrants must agree to the promotion Conditions of Entry in order to successfully enter the promotion
9. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
10. An Eligible Entrant can only enter the promotion once.
11. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of their rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
12. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Entrant. Draw
13. There will be 1 prize draw conducted from all entries received during the Promotional Period (“Prize Draw”). The Prize Draw will be conducted at SDWM, 104 Dover St, Cremorne VIC 3121 at 10:00am (noon) AEDST on 15/3/2019. The winners will be notified via email and phone.
14. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
15. The first entry drawn from all valid entries in the Prize Draw will win a Double pass to the Game 4 of the Grand Final basketball match between Melbourne United vs Perth Wildcats match at Melbourne Arena, Victoria on Sunday 17th March 2019 and a signed Melbourne United jersey (Prize).
16. If for any reason the winners do not take the prizes (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
17. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable due to Game 3 not being required, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
18. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
19. All prices stated are in Australian dollars, represent the recommended retail price (“RRP”) and include GST. All references to times and dates are to times and dates in Melbourne, which will be Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time (AEDST).
20. An Eligible Entrant is responsible for ensuring their familiarity with these Conditions of Entry at the time of participation. The Promoter’s decision not to enforce a specific restriction does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or of the Conditions of Entry generally.
21. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. Eligible Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
23. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Eligible Entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
24. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the Eligible Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
25. Nothing in these Conditions of Entry limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in Victoria (“Non- Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
26. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non- Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents)is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if any game is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Eligible Entrant; or (f) use/taking of the prize.