TERMS & CONDITIONS – TAC Breakpoint Competition
TERMS & CONDITIONS – TAC Breakpoint Competition
By entering this competition, you (the entrant) accept these terms and conditions.
1) This promotion is open to all persons aged 18 or over and residents in Victoria, Australia, but excludes all employees, and their immediate families, of the Transport Accident Commission (TAC), their associated companies, agents, agencies and anyone else professionally connected with the TAC Breakpoint Competition.
2) The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
3) Entry is only open to persons who at the time of entering the TAC Breakpoint Competition:
- a) are residents of Victoria;
- b) are aged 18 years or older; and
- c) have not had their motor vehicle licence previously suspended or cancelled in the two years prior to date of entry or have more than five demerit points in the last five years.
4) No purchase necessary to enter the TAC Breakpoint Competition.
5) The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of the TAC Breakpoint Competition. In the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
6) Any entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
7) The TAC Breakpoint competition is a game of skill.
8) Entrants may submit as many entries as they wish but no entrant may win more than one prize.
9) To enter entrants must:
- a) Post a photo on Instagram or use an existing photo of a rest location anywhere in Victoria where you have stopped to have a break on a drive, and use the competition hashtag #breakpointvic.
10) To enter you will require:
- a) Internet access; and
- b) An Instagram account which has a public setting.
11) Entrants are must ensure they strictly comply with all laws, including all Victorian road safety rules when participating in this competition.
12) Entrants will be accepted by the Promoter during the initial promotional period (PP) between 12pm Thursday July 12, 2017 and 5pm Thursday August 31, 2017.
13) The winner will be provided with a weekend away for two people in Bright, Victoria at The Chinaman’s Kilnhouse, The monetary value of the prize pack is: $750.00 RRP.
14) The entries will be judged by the Promoter on the following criteria (at its absolute discretion):
- a) Most visually creative image
- b) Successfully passing the licence check (motor vehicle licence not previously suspended or cancelled in the two years prior to date of entry or no more than 5 demerit points in the last 5 years).
15) One winner will be selected based on the judging criteria specified at Condition 14.
16) The winning entrant will be selected at 10am on Friday 1st September, 2017 at TAC, 60 Brougham St, Geelong, 3220.
17) The winner will be notified via Instagram the TAC Victoria Instagram account that they have been selected as the winner, subject to a license check. The potential winner must supply their full name, date of birth and postcode to enable a licence check to be completed. On successfully passing the licence check the entrants will be notified that they are winners.
18) The winning entrant will be notified first via Instagram messenger within 1 business days of their selection and their name will be published on the TAC Victoria Instagram account within 48 hours of confirmation.
19) The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20) The Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of at least equal value if circumstances make this necessary.
21) If any prize is declined, or the winner cannot take up a prize, the prize will be forfeited and a replacement winner may be awarded the prize, at the Promoter's sole discretion. Any such replacement winner will be subject to the same judging criteria specified in Condition 14.
22) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or not received during the relevant stipulated time period of 12pm Thursday July 12, 2017, 2017 to 5pm Thursday August 31st, 2017.
23) The prize is non-transferable and no cash or other alternative will be offered. The Promoter will not be responsible for any inability of a winning entrant to take up the specified prize.
24) It is a condition of entry that your entry, first name, Instagram account name or nick name can be used for any necessary promotional releases, promotional materials and within social media channels.
25) You agree to allow the Promoter the post your name as part of the winner announcement promotions.
26) The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the TAC Breakpoint Competition and/or revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the TAC Breakpoint Competition subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
27) The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these terms and conditions. The Promoter's decisions as to which entries are eligible to take part in the TAC Breakpoint Competition, and as to any other aspect of this promotion, are final. No correspondence will be entered into.
28) Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
29) The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entrants from the TAC Breakpoint Competition if it has any reason to believe that efforts have been made to distort the competitive process or spirit of the promotion.
30) If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
31) This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with Australia law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Australian courts.
32) The TAC Breakpoint Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by or associated with Instagram. The entrant acknowledges that all information and material that you submit to enter the TAC Breakpoint Competition is submitted to the Promoter and not Instagram and you agree that Instagram shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of the TAC Breakpoint Competition.
33) Promoter: Transport Accident Commission (ABN 22 033 947 623) of 60 Brougham Street, Geelong, Victoria, 3220.