Melbourne Victory social media competition terms and condition
“MELBOURNE VICTORY – TOWARDS ZERO GOAL” PROMOTION
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. The promoter is Transport Accident Commission (ABN 22 033 947 623) of 60 Brougham Street, Geelong, Victoria, 3220 (“Promoter”).
2. Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and the prize form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Eligible Entrant (as defined below).
Eligibility and Entry
3. Entry is only open to residents of Victoria aged 18 years or over who have not had their motor vehicle license previously suspended or cancelled in the two years before 10/10/2017, for any reason (“Eligible Entrant”). Eligible Entrants must have a valid Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account to enter the promotion. Directors, management and employees (and their immediate family) of the Promoter or agencies connected with this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, partner, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step- grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step- sister or 1st cousin.
4. By entering the promotion, an Eligible Entrant (if drawn as a winner) consents to the Promoter providing their name to VicRoads (or the equivalent regulator in any Australian state or territory) so that the Promoter can verify their age and driving history for the purpose of confirming that the drawn Eligible Entrant is an Eligible Entrant.
5. Promotion commences on 1/12/2017 and ends at 11.59pm AEDST on 15/12/2017 (“Promotional Period”).
6. To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotional Period, correctly answer the competition post on Melbourne Victory’s official social channels (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram). The submission must be in response to Melbourne Victory Football Club’s competition post calling for entries on the relevant social channel and follow the instructions therein. Specifically, in order for entries to be valid, Eligible Entrants must meet the following criteria:
a) Complete the quiz question “Tell us in the comments below what TAC's road death target is in Victoria, Is it A: 0, B: 10 or C: 25?” on official Melbourne Victory social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) page with the correct answer in the comments section below the post;
b) If drawn as a winner and contacted by Melbourne Victory Football Club via the Eligible Entrants relevant official social media channels (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, as per means of entry), Eligible Entrant must provide full name, valid email address, date of birth, post code and telephone number by the time specified by the Promoter;
c) If drawn as a winner, must be available to attend the Melbourne Victory Football Club Vs Central Coast Mariners at Simonds Stadium, Geelong on 06/01/18; and
d) If drawn as a winner, be physically able to take part in the half time activation at Simonds Stadium on 06/01/18. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to make a judgement, acting reasonably, on an Eligible Entrants physical ability to partake in the promotion and allow / deny participation accordingly.
7. Incomplete or incorrect answers will be deemed invalid entries and will not be entered into the draw.
8. By entering the promotion, Eligible Entrants automatically agree to the promotion Conditions of Entry.
9. An Eligible Entrant can only enter the promotion once.
10. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardize fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of their rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
11. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Entrant.
12. There will be one (1) draw conducted from all correct entries received during the Promotional Period (“Prize Draw”). The successful Eligible Entrants will be drawn at Mango Communications, 7 Electric Street, Cremorne VIC 3121 at 12.00pm (noon) AEDST on 18/12/2017. The finalised winners will be contacted via telephone.
13. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries in the Prize Draw and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible person is drawn.
14. The first two (2) valid and correct entries drawn will each win two (2) ticket to the MVFC vs Central Coast Mariners game at Simonds Stadium, Geelong, on 06/01/2018 (“Game”) and an opportunity take part in a half time activation at
the Game (“Activation”), with the total prize valued at $10,000 inc GST. The drawn Eligible Entrants must make their own way to and from the Game. The prize does not include any travel costs or any other ancillary costs incurred in taking the prize. All such costs will be the responsibility of the winner and their guest as incurred.
15. As part of the Activation, each winner will be led out to the grounds and given five (5) kicks at the goal from a 10 yard distance and exact position determined by the Promoter, with a goal skin in place in front of goal which acts as a barrier that will try to prevent the winner from scoring. The goalskin will have three holes which each winner will be attempting to kick the ball through. A point will be allocated to each goal scored through the large central hole and three points for the smaller corner holes. The Eligible Entrant with the best score after five
(5) kicks will be deemed as the Activation winner. The Eligible Entrant with the lower score will be deemed as the Activation runner up. In the event the score is the same between the two (2) Eligible Entrants after five (5) kicks at a goal, Eligible Entrants will enter into a sudden death play of where they will each be allowed additional kicks, in turn one by one, until one (1) Eligible Entrant scores (who will be deemed the Activation winner) and the other Eligible Entrant misses (who will be deemed the Activation runner up).
16. The Activation winner will win twelve (12) tickets for a corporate hospitality experience valued at $6000 inc GST, and the Activation runner up will win eight
(8) tickets for the corporate hospitality experience valued at $3000 inc GST. The corporate hospitality experience includes for the Activation winner and the Activation runner up:
a) Attendance in a fully catered corporate hospitality box at the MVFC v Central Coast Mariners Match on 18/03/2018 at AAMI Park, Melbourne, for twelve (12) people for the Activation winner and for eight (8) people for the Activation runner up; and
b) A MVFC Merchandise pack the Activation winner and the Activation runner up, consisting of items selected by the Promoter in its discretion.
The Activation winner and the Activation runner up and their guests must make their own way to and from AAMI Park, Melbourne. The corporate hospitality experience does not include any travel costs or any other ancillary costs incurred in taking the prize. All such costs will be the responsibility of the winner and their guests as incurred.
17. The Eligible Entrants must follow all reasonable directions of the Promoter at all times for the duration of the Activation and the Game. Each Eligible Entrant must not attempt to interfere with the other Eligible Entrant for the duration of the Game and Activation. If an Eligible Entrants is deemed to be in breach of this condition, or who, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, is deemed to be behaving in an inappropriate, aggressive, offensive or unsportsmanlike manner, the Eligible Entrants may be disqualified at the Promoter’s discretion and will forfeit any right to a prize.
18. In the case that neither entrant successfully scores a goal after five (5) kicks, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, change the requirements of the Activation, including but not limited to the distance from the kicking point to the goal, in order to increase the chances of a successful kick. The requirements for each Eligible Entrant will be the same at all times and the changes to the Activation will be communicated to each Eligible Entrant before they are made.
19. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify the prize.
20. If for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or an element of a prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or the element of the prize) will be forfeited.
21. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
22. The merchandise pack contents are subject to availability and are subject to change at the Promoter’s discretion.
23. A prize, or any unused portion of a prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
24. All prices stated are in Australian dollars, represent the recommended retail price (“RRP”) and include GST. All references to times and dates are to times and dates in Melbourne, which will be Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time (AEDST).
25. An Eligible Entrant is responsible for ensuring their familiarity with these Conditions of Entry at the time of participation. The Promoter’s decision not to enforce a specific restriction does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or of the Conditions of Entry generally.
26. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. Eligible Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
28. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Eligible Entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
29. Any cost associated with accessing the Internet in respect to this promotion is the Eligible Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
30. Nothing in these Conditions of Entry limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in Victoria (“Non- Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
31. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non- Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if any game is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Eligible Entrant; or (f) use/taking of the prize or participation in the Activation.