Melbourne Victory - Shot at Road Safety - competition terms and conditions
- The promoter is Transport Accident Commission (ABN 22 033 947 623) of 60 Brougham Street, Geelong, Victoria, 3220 (“Promoter”).
- Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and the prize form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Eligible Entrant as defined below.
Eligibility and Entry
- Entry is only open to residents of Victoria aged 18 years or over who have not had their motor vehicle license previously suspended or cancelled in the two years before 12/10/2019, for any reason (“Eligible Entrant”). Directors, management and employees (and their immediate family) of the Promoter or agencies connected with this promotion are ineligible to enter the Promotion. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, partner, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- By entering the promotion, an Eligible Entrant (if drawn as a winner) consents to the Promoter providing their name to VicRoads (or the equivalent regulator in any Australian state or territory) so that the Promotor can verify their age and driving history for the purpose of confirming that the drawn Eligible Entrant is an Eligible Entrant.
- Promotion commences on 05/10/2019 at 12.00pm and ends at 16.30pm AEDST on 05/10/2019 (“Promotional Period”).
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotional Period, visit the How Safe Is Your Car Clubhouse at the Melbourne Victory Season Launch on the 5th of October 2019 and submit their Name, Email Address, Phone Number and Date of Birth via the app. All eligible fields must be filled in their entirety for competition entries to be valid. In order for entries to be valid, entrants must also:
- If shortlisted and contacted by TAC / Melbourne Victory Football Club via email or telephone, Eligible Entrants must provide full name and date of birth
- Be available to attend the Melbourne Victory Football Club vs Melbourne City match at Marvel Stadium, Docklands on 12/10/2019
- Be physically able to take part in the half time activation at Marvel Stadium on 12/10/2019. The promoter reserves the right, at any time, to make a judgement on an Entrants physical ability to partake in the promotion and allow / deny participation accordingly.
- Incomplete or incorrect answers will be deemed invalid entries.
- Eligible Entrants must agree to the promotion Conditions of Entry in order to successfully enter the promotion
- An Eligible Entrant can only enter the promotion once.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of their rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Entrant.
- There will be one draw conducted from all entries received during the Promotional Period (“Prize Draw”). The successful Entrants will be drawn at Mango Communications, 7 Electric Street, Cremorne VIC 3121 at 12.00pm (noon) AEDST on 08/10/2019. The finalised winners will be contacted via telephone.
- The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries in each draw and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
Successful Entrants Prizes
- There will be one (1) draw conducted from all entries received during the Promotional Period (Prize Draw). The first two valid entries will take part in the half time activation at Marvel Stadium on 12/10/2019 and the winner of the ‘Shot at Road Safety’ challenge will win an interstate trip as the grand prize. The details of the interstate trip are subject to change at the Promoters discretion.
- The major prize winner will win an interstate trip experience which includes:
- 4 x flight tickets
- 2 x hotel rooms and
- 4 x match day tickets for an away A League fixture
- The total value of the Major Prize is up to AU$6,000 ex GST
- Additional prizes to be won be either of the first two valid entries include Melbourne Victory home and away jerseys, Melbourne Victory soccer ball, Melbourne Victory jacket and Melbourne Victory cap. All prizes are subject to change and availability at the Promoters discretion.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify the prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
- If for any reason the winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or the element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- All prices stated are in Australian dollars, represent the recommended retail price (“RRP”) and include GST. All references to times and dates are to times and dates in Melbourne, which will be Australian Eastern Daylight-Saving Time (AEDST).
- An Eligible Entrant is responsible for ensuring their familiarity with these Conditions of Entry at the time of participation. The Promoter’s decision not to enforce a specific restriction does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or of the Conditions of Entry generally.
- Information on how to enter, eligibility, draws and the prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Eligible Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Eligible Entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the Eligible Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Conditions of Entry limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in Victoria (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if any game is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Eligible Entrant; or (f) use/taking of the prize.
- As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner (and their companion) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form. In the event a winner or winner’s companion is under the age of 18, a nominated parent/legal guardian of such person will be required to sign the legal documentation required under this clause on their behalf.